Sunday 18 September 2011

Migraine - Early stage detection



                    I am usually by the TV or computer. 
WHEN I woke up on Saturday-I had a massive headache as if my eyes were gonna pop out. I   closed my eyes and covered my face with duvet, hoping the pain to pass away. Everything  seemed  to be very bright and the morning light hurt my eyes. I took paracetamol and decided if headache wont go away-I will go to emergency department on NHS. But after 2 hours it finally subsided. 
ON wednesday, @ my work during afternoon, my head started to get the same piercing painful  ache. After finally reaching home, all I did was sleep. SO, I booked an appointment @ GP on thursday and took a dayoff on friday. 
AFTER some checkups, doctor advised me it could be either
-eye problem 
-simply stress headache or due to cold virus
-migraine
NURSE took blood samples for further tests and during that we talked about the weather and general stuff.

I went to BOOTS for eye-checkup, and they seemed to be fine.
I now have to worry about whether it's a stress headache or migraine. 

Blood test results will be ready after 1 week. I will probably go to GP on next friday & re-book an appointment with the doc. 
                   Hope it to be simply a stress headache ( a nasty one- though  ^-^)


 FRIDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER 2011
 I went to check whether my reports had been back or not. They were and the receptionist told  .me results were normal. So, I booked appointment with the doctor for consultation. The earliest
.available was 8:30 am Monday.


 MONDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER 2011
 I went to GP and waited for my turn. The doc asked me for my eye test results and I told her eyes were normal. She suggested that it might be migraine and so gave me info about .migraine and also printed out information about migraine. When I mentioned that I was .having .strong coughs resulting in chest pain although I don't smoke, she examined .breathing rhythms and confirmed it to be normal. She refered some cough syrups.
.I am very happy with how she answered my queries and her professional caring attitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment